Friday, November 1, 2013

A Few Thoughts on a Few Anime

At last, I have watched Coppelion and Samurai Flamenco.Also, my dear readers, my brother is now enjoying Hajime no Ippo Rising with me.Actually, there is one more show which I have not mentioned yet: Freezing Vibration.Allow me to give a few brief observations on all of them lest I already fail to keep my goal of writing one post per diem!



1) Coppelion - 3 episodes




As with the manga, I'm really enjoying this show.The animation is wonderful, and I find the heavy outlines the animators use for the characters to be very intriguing.It helps that the girls are all very attractive, but that is hardly the greatest draw with this show.The setting of a city imbued with radioactivity is rarely seen in anime.The writer has taken the theme of what does it mean to be human, especially in regard to our three heroines, who have been created in a laboratory.The nature of humanity is an incredibly popular theme with the Japanese, and I hope to compare it with other anime.



2) Samurai Flamenco - 3 episodes



A great remake of Kick Ass.But, might I add, both pale in comparison to the original: Don Quixote.(But, of course, how can anything compare to the greatest novel ever written?)But, as Genki na Hito observed to me, the characters in Samurai Flamenco are much more likable than those of Kick Ass.They even add a girl interested in discovering the identity of Samurai Flamenco, which reminds me of Misa Amane of Death Note's obsession Light.Anyway, this is a very enjoyable show, and I hope to watch many more episodes.



3) Hajime no Ippo Rising - 4 episodes



What can I say?If you love boxing, sports anime, or awesome, hard-hitting fights, you need to watch this show.Rather, you need to watch the original, the second season, and then watch this show.I thought the second season rather lackluster compared to the first, but the fights in the third installment seem much more realistic, which is what made the original show so nail-bitingly absorbing.Two thumbs up!



4) Freezing Vibration - 4 episodes



Well, if fanservice bothers you, give this show a wide berth.I was pleased to note that Funimation censors excess nudity with beams of light.What always attracted me to this show was the hard-hitting nature of the fights and that the characters, despite the great number of them, were all so idiosyncratic.The perfect chivalry of the heroes and that the series is so rich in suffering also keep me interested.(If you think that it's odd to like a show rich in suffering, read Aristotle's Poetics right now.)This season follows the E-Pandora Arc, which, if the animators continue their good work, will likely cause this show to exceed the prior season in greatness.



Well, that's all I have to report.Hopefully, I'll also be watching Kyoukai no Kanata in the near future.At which point, I shall be watching more than enough anime for now!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment